- Cancer cells thrive on sugar
- limited sugar-carbohydrate diets combined with inhibition of glucose synthesis from the liver would be the most appropriate anti-cancer therapy.
- a limited calorie diet combined with high-fat intake reduced tumor incidence from 73% to just 7%.
- a low-carbohydrate (no bread, no rice, no pasta), or calorie-restricted and/or ketogenic diet (low calories, high fat) decreases the growth of cancer by 15-30% in animals.
- Resveratrol, a red wine molecule, also turns off the cancer switch.
by Bill Sardi
In the next few minutes I am going to tell you that cancer has been cured and how you can do that without any hand holding, both with and without the use of conventional medicines. That should surely be the way to win over a bipolar audience such as this. But sadly, it won’t.
I am going to tell you that we have met the outer limits of what can be accomplished to prevent and cure cancer because in satisfying your proclivity towards conventional or alternative medicine I am still butting up against the greatest tool modern medicine uses in its deadly quest to control your mind and your healthcare decisions — FEAR.
Gripped with the fear of the fresh diagnosis of cancer what will you elect to do? I can tell you right now but I will save it for the end.
I just may demolish your closely held beliefs in alternative therapies – namely that alkaline diets cure cancer.
Here are the lines of evidence that alkalinity does not prevent or cure cancer.
• There is a 600% increase in the risk for esophageal and gastric cancer with the use of non-prescription antacids.
• Gastric infection with H. pylori, a bacterium that shuts off acid production in the gastric tract, increases the risk for cancer.
• The acid/alkaline balance of the blood is automatically controlled to remain within neutral pH (~7.4)and if alkaline or acid diets could significantly alter blood pH we would continually be in the emergency room being treated for alkalosis or acidosis.
Furthermore, I ask those who believe alkaline diets prevent cancer if they believe probiotic “friendly bacteria” such as acidophilus should be supplemented in the diet? Most respond positively. Yet acidophilus (its first four letters spelled out are A-C-I-D) is acid-forming bacteria.
￼ Now, are you ready to hiss and throw me out of this conclave before I go any farther? It’s outrageous to believe I know what the cure for cancer is, after all, where is my Mayo Clinic diploma? I really have a lot of convincing to do get you to believe that in the next few minutes.
In the 1930s it was Otto Warburg who won two Nobel Prizes for his discovery that cancer cells convert from using oxygen to sugar for energy.